Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Week Of Using www.mylunch.ie To Decide My Lunch: The Outcome

So I decided it was time to put www.mylunch.ie to the test, the test being to select places to go for lunch every day this week based on the offers they were displaying on the www.mylunch.ie website and to see what lunchtime value was really out there.
Here is how I got on:

Monday
The Monday blues were in full force and I wasn’t feeling too social, so I went for a quick soup and a sandwich from Spar on Dame Street. This cost me €4, including a free 500ml bottle of water. A good start to the week I thought.

Tuesday
Feeling a little more social, I decided to meet a friend for lunch and check out Dandelion’s new special offer. They are running a voucher on www.mylunch.ie Monday to Wednesday of 2 main courses for the price of 1. I printed off the voucher and made my way to Dandelion. Friendly staff, great food and a super location. I went for a chicken fajita and fries for €11.00 and my friend went for the lasagne at €10.95, so with our voucher it worked out at just €5.50 each… Sweet.

Wednesday
CafĂ© en Seine’s new offer looked intriguing so I decided to check it out. €5.90 for Soup & a Sandwich and I was very impressed. One of Dublin’s most upmarket night venues offering great lunchtime value too.

Thursday
Feeling like something different yet healthy, I headed for Wagamama. They’ve a great lunch special menu and I went for the yaki soba for €9.95, which came with a choice of free drinks. As I said, I was feeling healthy so I went for the Apple Juice, but the offer of a free Tiger Beer was very tempting.

Friday
It being the start of the weekend, we in at the office decided to treat ourselves. We checked the site and found that FXB on Lower Pembroke Street were serving up a steak sandwich for only €10. These guys are known for their great steaks, so at just €10, this capped a great week’s lunching.

So I think that’s some quality lunchtime eating for an average of just over €7 a day.
Think about what you spent this week. Did you get the same choice & value?
We’d love to hear your thoughts…..

Irish Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment